Pages

02 August 2010

Melody Monday - Number One.

[[sweet]]

My dearest friend Katie (of Artistical Thoughts) often inspires me and she does something called Movie (and/or Video) and Music Monday and I love music more than almost anything so I decided that I wanted to do something similar. I'm not a big movie watcher so Melody Monday is all about music, be it genres, artists, albums, or individual tracks.

This very first installment of Melody Monday is going to revolve around Bart Millard's CD Hymned No. 1.
Hymns have always been near and dear to my heart. Actually, no, just within the past two years hymns have been near and dear to my heart, before I just thought that they were really boring songs. I have great respect for Bart Millard and his attempt to make hymns seem more appealing to a younger crowd.

There are a grand total of ten old hymns ranging from Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior to Power In The Blood on Hymned No. 1. Each track has the kind of swinging back yard rhythm you would expect to find on the front porch of an old, one-room church in the deep south. The style of music differs drastically from the style of the band MercyMe, of which Bart Millard is the lead vocalist but it is a refreshing style for old hymns that follow the same tune for verse after verse after verse.

Most of the songs are upbeat by there are a few that are relaxing enough to whisk you away into a lovely nap if you so choose. Songs like Just A Closer Walk With Thee and Power in the Blood are enough to get people dancing (and by people I mean me and my mom) but Softly and Tenderly is a softer song for those times when you just can't stand anything louder than your own breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment